Sunday, March 31, 2013

Mourning Dove Nest




Hello and Happy Easter! No Easter eggs here, just a couple of Mourning Dove eggs. Last weekend I mentioned a Mourning Dove pair cooing to each other on the roof of the house. This week my husband noticed they built a nest right by my front door in one of my potted plants (the plant is not alive, but that's a different story). I'm really excited to have a close-up view of this natural event. Although, on Friday evening I was a little concerned because we received a pretty good hail storm and the mama Mourning Dove was being hit with hail. I was afraid she would fly off, but she didn't. She sat there and kept her eggs safe and warm.

I hope you had a wonderful Easter. I'll share more pictures when the chicks hatch. Thanks for stopping by!


On a totally different subject.... is anyone else having problems uploading pictures to blogger???

1 comment:

  1. Hello ~Andrea, how are you. This is an exciting event for you, and right by the door too. cant wait to see when they have hatched.
    Take care, thinking of you.
    Love Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊