Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Pet Sympathy Card

Pets are family and when one of our family members passes away it can weigh heavy on our hearts. My friend's dog recently passed away and I made this Pet Sympathy Card for her. The design is simple and could be used for the loss of a cat or dog. The paw print stamp and the brown plaid paper are by Recollections. The paw prints were stamped with black ink and punched using a 1" circle punch and layered with a 1-1/4" scallop punch. I used a premade kraft card from The Paper Studio for the base and layered Early Espresso card stock by Stampin' Up! with the patterned and embossed white paper.  The sentiment is from the Hero Arts With Sympathy stamp set and I added a little twine for detail. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


My Pet Sympathy Card is entered into the following challenges:

9 comments:

  1. You said it exactly - losing a pet is so difficult. Your friend will so appreciate your kindness, Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea! I LOVE your card Hun! The layout, colors & texture just pop out at me...thanks so much for playing along with us @ CWWC & hope you join us again for our next challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and I send my friends sympathy for pets also since they really are family. Thanks for playing at Love to Scrap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card!! You are right pets are part of the family. Thank you for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge Blog.
    Zenita (aka Scrappinwith'Z)
    DT member Love to Create Challenge
    http;//www.scrappinwithz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Crafting When We Can!!! Good Luck! I hope I see you again for our next challenge :)
    Hugs Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  6. For sweet card for your friend. People forget pets are just one of the family and it hurts when they are gone. Thanks for sharing your beautiful creation with Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog-Tina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card for such a sad event! Thank you for joining us this week at Love to Create Challenge Blog.
    Ruza, LTC Designer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, what a beautiful card!! So sorry for your friend! I know the pain of losing a pet:0( Thanks so much for participating in our LOVE TO CREATE challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my!! I wish I had gotten a card when I lost my baby! This is a fantastic, heartfelt, and wonderfully executed card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊