Friday, July 19, 2013

Patchwork Hello Card


Hooray for Friday! If you've been following my blog for long, then you know I love color challenges. Last night I made this Patchwork Hello Card using the colors from this weeks ColourQ challenge. The colors are:
  • Island Indigo
  • Bermuda Bay
  • Raspberry Ripple
  • Lucky Limeade
  • White
This card started with the idea of different patterned embossed squares. I selected four of my favorite embossing folders and ran each square through the Big Shot. I taped the squares together and backed them with a piece of white card stock. Then I stitched everything together for a patchwork look. I used the Lacy & Lovely stamp set for the focal image and sentiment. The finished size is 5" x 5". Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic day!

My Patchwork Hello Card is entered into the following challenges:
  1. ColourQ: Colour
  2. Milk Coffee: Emboss It
  3. Addicted to Stamps and More: CAS
  4. Sister Act: Anything Goes
  5. Crafting by Designs: Anything Goes
Patchwork Hello Card Supplies*:
  • Paper: Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade and Raspberry Ripple card stock.
  • Stamps: Lacy & Lovely stamp set
  • Inks: Classic stampin' pads in Bermuda Bay, Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade and Raspberry Ripple.
  • Other Stuff: Big Shot, Argyle, Chevron, Polka Dots and Square Lattice embossing folders, circle punches, rhinestone brad (source unknown) and stampin' dimensionals.
*All supplies by Stampin' Up! unless noted.

5 comments:

  1. I really like the colors you used and the stitching and the special Hello and design elements. Great Job -- again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the embossing, Andrea and those colours look amazing together. Thank you for joining us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrea. Great card. Love the embossing and patchwork style. Thanks for joining the fun at ATSM. Good Luck! Monika

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your four different panels of embossing - makes my heart go pitter-patter (I Love dry embossing)! Great color combo too. thanks for joining us this week at ATS&M.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card, Andrea, love all the embossing, the pattenrs and color arrangement! thanks for playing with us at the colourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊