Thursday, July 11, 2013

Ladybug Birthday Card


This week has flown by! I've been busy studying for an online class I'm taking. The final test is 200 questions that has a three hour time limit. It's been years since I've taken a test and I'm crossing my fingers that my memory is up to the challenge. So, if you believe in the power of prayer... say a little prayer for me!

When I sat down to create this Ladybug Birthday Card I was in the mood for something bright and cheerful. I love ladybugs and this image by Bugaboo is one of my favorites. I colored it with Copic markers and added the clouds using a punched out Pansy flower and sponging with Bashful Blue ink. The design comes from one of the sketch choices at Tuesday Morning Sketches. The patterned papers are part of my hoarded stash and are both from American Crafts. The sentiment stamp is from the TPC Studios Greetings set and the final touch was some purple twine from Doodledug Design.  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

My Ladybug Birthday Card is entered into the following challenges:

13 comments:

  1. Stunning image and great colourful card.Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew on our Great outdoor challenge hugs Tania xx (DT).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is definitely bright and cheerful! I love everything about it!! Thanks so much for joining the Tuesday Morning Sketches 4th Birthday celebration! (And best of luck on your test!!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable! LOve that image and cheerful colors. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply Perfect in every way! What a great card for some lucky person!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card. The images is so cute and fun, and I do like your summer colors. Great use of our sketch. Thank you for helping us celebrate our birthday by joining this week's challenge at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun and cute card!! Thanks for coming to our birthday party this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!! :)
    I wish you the best on your test! You're brave to go back to studying!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is so cute! I love how you created the little scene. HUGE good luck wishes on your test - it's been years since I took one, and I don't know if I could do it now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww! I love that cute image! Great colours too, fab card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely card.

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too cute! I love that fun image! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these Bugaboo ladybugs. They have so much character in such a sweet little face. Great job. Thanks for celebrating TMS's 4th birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome job with the challenge, thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday!
    http://useyourwordchallengeblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so adorable. :) Fabulous card.

    Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Card Crew!
    ~ Crystal (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊