Sunday, July 21, 2013

One Day at a Time Card

Good evening! I hope you enjoyed your weekend. Mine went by way too quickly! The weekend was spent running errands and doing laundry. We did rent a couple of movies and I spent a little time in my craft room while my hubby was out mowing the lawn. All in all it was a pretty uneventful weekend.

This One Day at a Time Card was made for a family friend who recently lost her husband. I bought the sentiment stamp from Verve Stamps and I had her in mind when I made my purchase. Sometimes when we are faced with a tragedy it's the small things people do for us that make a difference. I'm hoping this card will bring a small smile during a difficult time. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week!

You may notice the clouds on the image panel are a little sparse... well here in Oklahoma clouds are rare in summer so, I kept the sky mostly blue.

My One Day at a Time Card is entered into the following challenges:


One Day at a Time Card Supplies:
  • Paper: Pink folded card by The Paper Company, African Daisy card stock by Bazzill Basics, Lucky Limeade card stock by Stampin' Up!, yellow glitter card stock by DCWV and Hello Summer collection patterned paper by Echo Park.
  • Stamps: Tall Flower Bear image by Bugaboo and sentiment stamp by Verve Stamps.
  • Ink & Coloring: VersaMark stamp pad, white Zing! embossing powder, classic stampin' pads in Bashful Blue and Lucky Limeade (both retired), Copic markers (E15, E23, E31, E55, R22, R32, R35, YG06, YG17) and Orange Peel and Lemon Ice Stickles.
  • Other Stuff: Heat Tool, Bitty Butterfly punch, Daffodil Delight ribbon, and basic rhinestone jewels all by Stampin' Up!.

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and gorgeous sentiment Andrea. I saw this on MIM and came for a look..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how my heart aches for your friend :( You are wonderful to create this for her! It's a beautiful card!!! I LOVE the sentiment... It has gotten me through many many days :)
    I saw this on MIM and came over to take a closer look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that ribbon too and not so often to use it...LOL...lovely Image to cuutee and nice DP all...great card

    I see your card on MIM hope you like to see back to my Blog...hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is sure to make your friend smile as he is such a cute bear. Love the DP and the ribbon too. Saw this on MIM.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very sorry for your friends loss. What a wonderful card, sure to bring some comfort and a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a little cutie Andrea,fabulous sky colouring and love the papers and design..

    Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure this beautiful, vibrant card will remind your friend that there will be days filled with sunshine again and with friends like you they will come quicker.

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great card -- it is truly exactly what I have been looking for to send to a little boy who could use a card. Very nicely done...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable Bugaboo bear digi stamp! Love your coloring and the papers and design of your card! Thanks for sharing with us at Digi Haven!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That image is so adorable. Great job on your card and I like those colors!


    Saw you on MIM. Come and see what I've done!
    kren@
    http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So precious!
    Thanks so much for joining us this week for the Catch the Bug Challenge! Hope to see you again!

    Cheryl First
    aka Cafexpressions
    DT Member for Bugaboo Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely card and I think the sentiment is perfect - saw it on Mim x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great encouragement card, Andrea! Love the bright colors!

    Thanks for joining us in this weeks Bingo challenge at Catch The Bug! Hope you'll join us again soon!

    :) Becky G
    Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely card, the image is adorable and the papers are just right!! Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable card Andrea, saw it on MIM.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊