Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Day Gingham Floral Card

Well, I thought I was done with Mother's Day cards until my husband requested I make another.  Today I read about the Moxie Fab World Gingham Challenge and I decided to incorporate gingham into my husband's Mother's Day card request so I could participate.  When I started looking through my paper stash I didn't have a lot of gingham to choose from.  Given what I had to work with I'm really happy with the way this card turned out.  If you want to check out other cards entered in the Moxie Fab World Gingham Challenge just click on the link.  Who knows maybe you will decide to enter the challenge.  Have a creative day!

Mother's Day Gingham Floral Card Directions:
  1. Make card from cardstock or use ready made card.  Finished size: 4.75" x 6.5".
  2. Trim purple cardstock, corner punch all edges (Fiskars decorative corner punch, Three Petals #01-005488), and adhere.
  3. Trim patterned paper, measure and mark corners, punch with a 1" circle punch, and adhere.
  4. Stamp sentiment on white cardstock, round corners with corner punch, wrap and secure  twine, corner punch and ink edges of gingham paper, layer, and adhere.
  5. Cut leaves with Cricut machine, adhere leaves, punch flower layers, adhere layered flower with dimensionals and adhere rhinestone.

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet card! Love the gingham flower and the baker's twine. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pretty gingham on this card! A delightful layered flower and gorgeous leaves, too! Beautiful! (thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog that was so sweet of you!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Andrea! Thanks for linking this up to the Gingham Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊