Sunday, May 27, 2012

If the Crown Fits Card

One of my favorite brands of patterned paper to work with is Basic Grey.  When I read they were having a Diamond Jubilee Challenge, I decided to play along.  My cats are treated like Queens, so I really wanted to find a digital stamp that featured a cat with a crown.  After a quick image search I found a great digital stamp at www.pjgscrapbookheaven.com called Queen for a Day by Jamie Kay.  The digital stamp was the starting point for my design inspiration.  My style isn't frilly so I took a bling approach to this card.  The Basic Grey patterned paper is from the out of print collection and the circles in this pattern gave me the idea for the cut out circles in this design.

If the Crown Fits Card Supplies:  Pink cardstock, white cardstock, patterned paper by Basic Grey (out of print collection, publication/ m-out-3324 and olivia collection, amelia/ m-via-2642), glitter cardstock by Recollections (179532), patterned paper by My Minds Eye (Lost & Found Two by Jen Allyson, LF2065), Fiskars edge punch, Bling on a Roll adhesive rhinestones by Recollections (174752), Cricut machine, Cricut cartridge (George and Basic Shapes, for 2" circles), computer, printer, digital stamp by Jamie Kay, corner punch by Creative Memories, 1.25" scallop circle punch by Marvy, ink stack by Martha Stewart Crafts (sea lavendar), and rhinestones for crown by Recollections. 

1 comment:

  1. What an adorable card, such lovely colours and your image is adorable - love your bling!!
    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us the Basic Grey challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊