Friday, September 6, 2013

Silver Glimmer Snowflake Card

It's been a crazy couple of days and I'm super happy it's Friday! I have the day off today, so I spent some time this morning playing in my craft room. It took me a little while to decide what I wanted to make. I started by searching current challenges and I finally came up with an idea. I made this Silver Glimmer Snowflake Card using the colours from the Just Add Ink challenge. The challenge colours are Silver, Bermuda Bay and Black. A Christmas challenge at Paperminutes prompted the snowflake idea. The final result is a non-traditional coloured Christmas card.

My Silver Glimmer Snowflake Card is entered into the following challenges:
The Northern Flurry embossing folder by Stampin' Up! and last years retired Snowflake Die made this card a snap to put together. I really hope we have some snow this year! A white Christmas would be nice. I'll just sit here and think of snow while it's 94 degrees outside, just a little wishful thinking. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!

10 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful, Andrea. I love the black touches, the embossed background, and your use of colour - gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Andrea! Love the glimmer snowflake on the snowflake embossing and the little accents of black really pop. Thanks for joining in at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so pretty, Andrea! I love the simple color palette, and the simple design. Just lovely! Thanks so much for joining us at the Sister Act Design Challenge this week!! ~Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and elegant! Love your snowflake card! Thanks for playing along at Sister Act this week!
    Trisha-DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Andrea, this is gorgeous! So elegant & SPARKLY! I love the pops of black & that fabulous embossing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Christmas card Andrea, I love the layered snowflakes! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful card. I love that layered, glittering snowflake.

    Hugs, Heike

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, lovely image, thanks for sharing at Alphabet Challenge.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty - I love the subtleness of this card - the texture in the card fits it perfectly. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh I really love that embossing as it really adds a lovely subtle dimension to your card.

    Trish
    JAI Design Team

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊