Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Faux Patina Card

Today I tried another new to me technique called Faux Patina. I was prompted by the challenge at The Technique Twist to give it a try. It was a lot of fun to mix and play around with inks. I embossed Whisper White cardstock with a Crumb Cake inked Modern Mosaic embossing folder and then applied Island Indigo, Old Olive, and Early Espresso inks. The final step was adding the gold embossing powder. For detailed directions, here is a link to a tutorial. The base of my card is Natural cardstock stamped with the En Francais stamp in Early Espresso. I inked the edges of all papers with Crumb Cake for an antiqued look. The final touches were the addition of the Soft Suede ribbon and the Just for You label from the Label Love stamp set. I've always struggled when it comes to tying ribbon. I found a really short demonstration that helped me. Maybe now I won't be scared to use ribbon. All supplies used on this Faux Patina Card are by Stampin' Up!. Thanks for stopping by!


My Faux Patina Card is entered into the following challenges:

 

18 comments:

  1. That is a great technique and your card turned out great! Came over from MIM. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea this came out beautifully!! It is such a fun technique and you rocked it!! Thanks for joining us at Technique Twist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Andrea! This is just beautiful! I love the Faux Patina with the Modern Mosaic folder. Just gorgeous! Thank you for joining us this week at The Technique Twist :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh this is gorgeous Andrea! what lovely colours and the papers are very pretty… it's a fab layout and I love the embossed panel, it looks stunning!… the ribbon/bow finishes it off beautifully! :-)
    Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week
    Hugs Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finding a ribbon tutorial is a fabulous thing! It took me forever to use my Bow Easy for the same reason, and now I use it all the time. Love the effect of the faux patina - I'm off to check it out, because it looks like the perfect messy fun for today :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, this is a lovely effect! I'll go and look at the tutorial now.... Spotted this fab card on MIM xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for entering your lovely card for Tammy Scraping Corner 80 'anything goes' challenge, Hazel, Guest Designer x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely création card Andréa,good job with this technic Hugs from Belgium.

    http://retrieverdog.skynetblogs.be

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful card -- this is just perfection!!!
    You have Such a Talent for this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, gorgeous design, love the patina look!!! Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design.
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great technique and gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner for this challenge.
    Margaret, DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great technique, thanks for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.
    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card, I love this look. Thanks for joining us this week for "Anything Goes."
    Karal DT for Tammy's Scrapin Corner
    My Blog: Karals Creative Corner

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! i love this technique. A really fantastic card! Thanks for joining us at NATALIE & AMY’S this month, hope we see you again soon. Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful composition of colors,texture and patterns. Wish I could see the gold IRL. Glad you enjoying playing with faux patina @ The Technique Twist

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wao...this is gorgeous! I love the colors you pick for this technique. Thanks for joining us at Technique Twist. Love it!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great colors for the Faux Patina technique! Thanks for joining us at the Technique Twist! This is a fantastic addition! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card with beautiful colors! Thanks for trying the faux patina technique! Too Cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊