Sunday, September 15, 2013

Adorable Owl Baby Card

Good evening! I hope you had a lovely weekend. We are still waiting for cooler weather to arrive here in Oklahoma but each day it gets a little closer. I'm looking forward to the big "cold front" to move in. Until then... the heat is my excuse to play in my craft room. The card I'm sharing today is one that took me over two hours to make. I'm not a speedy crafter and I kept changing things which didn't help. This Adorable Owl Baby Card is my result after being inspired by a baby bath towel I found at a specialty gift shop. It had a blue swirled fabric edging and featured a cute brown, green and blue owl on one corner. I immediately thought it would make a cute card. I used my Cricut machine and punches for the various size circles. The owl was made using the owl builder and bird builder punches by Stampin' Up!. Punches and die cuts are a great way to use up scrap pieces of card stock. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week!

My Adorable Owl Baby Card is entered into the following challenges:

13 comments:

  1. Lovely card....i just love the colors used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That owl is just adorable! Thanks for playing along with us this week at HIMCR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, thanks for joining in my challenge at Allsorts this week, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card Andrea and thanks for joining our "Baby" challenge at Allsorts this week

    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely Precious!!!Awesome job!
    Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the little bit of lace. It really makes this a precious card!

    Thanks for linking your projects to Cut it Up Challenges Labor Day Challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute card! Love the color combo and the embossing you used! Thanks for playing along with us on the CIU challenge blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrea, you totally had me with the owl; what a cutie! And I *heart* the embossed cross-stitches and swiss dots. A lovely card! I am so happy you linked up at Cut It Up challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great card! I love the colors together and your owl is too CUTE! Thanks for linking up over at Cut It Up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh he is so cute. I have both of these punches and haven't used them yet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't you just love when inspiration comes from just being out. I love your adorable card. It is really sweet. Great colors and that owl is so cute!!

    Thanks for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes it is adorable! Great layout and colors! thanks for playing at CIU!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for entering our Dies or Punches challenge at A Creative Romance. What a fantastic response to this challenge. Your card is just fabulous. Just love this owl! Love how you incorporated your die cuts into your design. Just lovely! xxx Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊