Saturday, September 21, 2013

Holland Lop Thanks Card

Some of my favorite cards are made with a specific purpose/reason. This Holland Lop Thanks Card was made for a very cute reason. On Monday I came home a little earlier than usual and I checked my back porch as I always do. I feed my backyard cottontails, squirrels, and birds some seed on my back porch. I'm always looking back there to see what is eating and on Monday I saw a furry little body that wasn't a cottontail. I got closer and noticed it was a juvenile Holland Lop rabbit. Well as luck would have it I had some rabbit food that I recently bought so, I took some outside and watched this little rabbit eat like it was starving. I decided to call my dad because I wasn't sure if I should catch it or leave it. He told me to catch it and I did. The poor little thing was really skinny and pretty weak. I knew I couldn't keep it but I wanted it to have a good home so once again I call my parents. They live in the country and have a rabbit hutch and they agreed to keep it. I kept it overnight and then met my parents the next evening. Now the rabbit, which I named Snickers, has a good home and I can see it when I visit my parents. It's funny because I'm pretty sure my mom thought after I moved out of the house I would stop bringing home stray animals to their house, but so far that hasn't stopped me.

Snickers

To make this card I searched several different digital stamp websites until I found this Holland Lop wabbit image from Doodle Pantry.  It's so cute and fit the theme of my card perfectly. I added some dark area shading with my Copic markers to better resemble Snickers coloring. The Thanks So Much sentiment and scalloped circle was cut using my Cricut machine, the leaves are a die cut and the pansy flower is a punch both by Stampin' Up!. Well, thanks for stopping by and have a terrific day!

My Holland Lop Thanks Card is entered into the following challenges:

8 comments:

  1. Snickers is adorable!! Glad you were able to find a home for such a sweetie! Adorable card! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is adorable, Andrea! And so is Snickers! Thank goodness you found him and that your parents were able to take him and give him a good home! Even at my age (63) I still can't stop rescuing stray critters either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY CUTENESS! What a sweetie - and how wonderful that you were able to capture him & give him a safe place. I know my mom tired of my cat rescues...and my husband finally gave me the ultimatum that one more 'surprise' pet would mean I get to sleep in the shed, lol! What a perfect thank you card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable this card is! What a sweet story to save the little hungry bunny too. (Your big fluffy orange kitty "crafting buddy" is to die for cute too>>>>>) Thanks for joining us at Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge 38!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! And I love the die cuts around the image. Wonderful card. Thanks so much for playing along with us in The Sisterhood of Crafters in our "Devine Digi's" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a heartfelt story...I don't know if I could had given it up but if I knew it was going somewhere I could visit, it would be easier to give up. You must have a very special heart for these critters to find you. Your card is so pretty and love the shadowing you did on the sentiment....thank you for joining our challenge this month at Doodle Pantry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card , just soooo cute and love the background!. Thanks for joining us at the DPDC#38.
    Hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute card but even cuter snickers-thanks for joining us at Happy Campers
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊