Saturday, February 23, 2013

Monochromatic Teal Blue Card


To find inspiration for a card creation, I frequently search other blogs and Feline Playful for current challenges. There are numerous challenges on a daily basis to find the perfect creative inspiration. Tonight my inspiration comes from the Dynamic Duos Challenge to use Island Indigo and Pool Party which makes it a monochromatic teal blue colour scheme. I really enjoyed working with both these colours and couldn't wait to share my Monochromatic Teal Blue Card on my blog. I'd like to thank Vicki Burdick for inspiring me to use a new sentiment stamp from the Vintage Verses stamp set available during Stampin' Up!'s Sale-a-bration.  The stamp looks great with the Lacy Brocade embossing folder that I inked up with Island Indigo. To finish off the card I heat embossed the bitty butterfly with Pool Party embossing powder and added a few basic jewels for a little sparkle. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out and I hope you like it too. Well, I hope you have a wonderful night/day and thanks for stopping by!!!

Monochromatic Teal Blue Card Supplies*:
  • Paper: Island Indigo, Pool Party, and Whisper White card stock.
  • Stamps: Vintage Verses sale-a-bration stamp set and Papillon Potpourri stamp set.
  • Inks and Colouring: Classic stampin' pad in Island Indigo and Pool Party stampin' emboss powder.
  • Other Stuff: Scallop Trim Border punch, Lacy Brocade embossing folder, Big Shot, Bitty Butterfly punch, Island Indigo sale-a-bration ribbon, corner rounder, decorative corner punch by Creative Memories, basic jewels, and stampin' dimensionals.
*All supplies by Stampin' Up! unless noted.

My card is entered into the following challenges:
  1. Dynamic Duos: Colour Challenge
  2. A Gem of A Challenge: Add a Bow
  3. Lady Anne's Challenge: Use a Sentiment
  4. Paper Playtime: Use a Sentiment


 

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this card and your take on the challenge! Love your choice of papers. This card is perfectly lovely! Thanks for joining us at AGOAC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card, love the colors you used.

    Alena
    Cards by Lady Anne DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea, this is such a gorgeous, delicate card! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos this week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really striking card, love the colors!
    Thanks for playing with us this at A Gem of A Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors that you used for this card. Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Playtime. We hope you will join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so pretty, love your ribbon treatment and pretty butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These colours are just a dream together aren't they!? I love how you inked your e/f to create that fabulous background - it looks awesome!

    Thank you for stopping by to leave some love on my blog, I really appreciate it! :) it's great to have found your blog too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice card! Thank you for playing along at Cards by Lady Anne's Friday Sentiment Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊