Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy 40th Birthday Card

Hello and Happy Valentine's Day! My hubby and sweetheart is turning 40 today! I wanted this birthday to be memorable and not just because it's a milestone birthday but because it was filled with things he enjoys. He likes Captain America, so I did a theme for his birthday with this iconic Marvel hero. I made this Happy 40th Birthday Card with basic white, blue, and red card stock. I embossed the blue panel and made the shield with circle punches and circles cut with the Cricut machine. I used the Cricut to cut the 40 and shadow layered the numbers. Stamped Happy Birthday with royal blue ink and added a strip of red glitter stars by Recollections for some sparkle. It's a simple layout and one that is versatile for many occasions.


This Happy 40th Birthday Card is entered into the following challenges:
I also made him a cake. When I decorated it I had a migraine, so it's not my best work. I'm thinking he will be impressed that I didn't just go to the store and buy something. It was made with love and in the end that's all that matters.

 

7 comments:

  1. Yummy... Want to eat that cake... :) I'm sure your hubby loved the theme! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Tuesday Throwdown with your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card and cake thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Card and Yummy Yummy looking cake too!! I just know your Hubby must have loved these!! Wowie!! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card Andrea, I'm sure your Hubby loved it, you put so much thought and effort into his birthday card and present. It will be a birthday to remember.

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, great card and cake. I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Tuesday Throwdown DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for playing in the Birthday challenge at Shopping our Stash! loving that the cake and the card coordinate! good decorating even with the migraine! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card for your hubby. Hope he liked it.....and the cake!
    Thanks for joining us at Cards-Galore this month.
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊