Thursday, February 21, 2013

Lucky St. Patrick's Day Card

Hello friends! I hope you're having a wonderful week and you're staying warm. It snowed here in Oklahoma yesterday and today we have more chances of freezing rain. Needless to say it's a great day to stay in my craft room!

When it comes to sending St. Patrick's Day cards, my recipient list is small. I send cards to my immediate family and that's not very many. I enjoy making cards for this green shamrock filled holiday. Maybe it's my Irish heritage or maybe it's because I LOVE the color green, but I think making St. Patrick's Day Cards is fun. This Lucky St. Patrick's Day Card is made using Edward Elephant by Bugaboo Digi Stamps, which I colored with Copic markers. The design came from this weeks Sweet Sketch Wednesday by Arlana Patten. Well, that's about it. I hope you have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

Lucky St. Patrick's Day Card Supplies:
  • Paper: Whisper White, Garden Green, and Basic Black card stock by Stampin' Up! pastel yellow card stock by Core'dinations, Shamrock patterned paper by Recollections, and green/yellow plaid patterned paper by Paper Pizazz.
  • Stamps: Edward Elephant St. Patrick's Day digi stamp by Bugaboo and Lucky Day stamp by Stampin' Up! (I masked the shamrock and just used the Lucky!)
  • Inks & Coloring: Classic stampin' pad in Basic Black and Copic markers (100, 110, C3, C5, E50 G46, R83, RV34, YG17, YG61, Y00, Y17, Y18, Y28, and colorless blender).
  • Other Stuff: Custom cutting system by Creative Memories (ovals), shamrock punch, black twine, green rhinestone brad, and dimensionals.

My card is entered into the following challenges:
  1. Sweet Sketch Wednesday: Sketch
  2. Whimsical Designs: Going Green
  3. Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges: Use a HAT (Edward is wearing a hat)
  4. Crafting By Designs: Anything Goes
  5. DRS Designs: Plaids

14 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea. Great paper choice, love the design and your fab image. I dont make St. Patricks Day cards, no-one to send too.
    Love Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo cute! LOVE that Bugaboo elephant and your paper choices were out of this world! Thanks for joining in the sketch fun this week.
    ~Jo, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute image!! Beautiful papers & layout! Thanks for playing along with us at DRS Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, what an adorable St Patties Day card. I love the Bugaboo image and it is one I haven't seen before. I love your papers. thanks for joining us this week.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! this is just darling! Love the fun image and oh so perfect papers. Thanks for joining us at SSW.
    Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwww, how sweet!! Totally adorable image, but then I love ALL Bugaboo images!! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am an elephant fan and this is a CUTE one!! Love your card!! So glad you played along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!
    Blessings to you!!
    Sally SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like the Elephant wearing the Leprechaun Hat and all the Irish Green. As far as snow my Daughter goes to college in KC, MO and she had snow days Thurs & Fri and emailed me photos of the deep snow they had the past 2 days. They had cleared the sidewalks well but the snow was deep where it was on sides. Her apt & college are near the location where the gas line leak fire that happened this past wk in KC, MO. Thank you for entering PDE Hat challenge.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    PDE DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too, too cute! Love the lucky elephant! Thanks for sharing at Whimsical Designs this week for our "Going Green" challenge.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is too cute! Love the plaid! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable. Just to darling! Thanks for playing with us at Whimsical Designs.
    Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww this is adorable! Love the image, and the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute card, great use of the plaid. Thanks for joining the DRS designs challenge

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a darling St. Pat's card! The plaid is simply perfect behind that cute elephant....Thanks for playing along at DRS Designs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊