Thursday, February 7, 2013

Embossed Butterfly Sympathy Card

Since I moved my crafting space into my spare bedroom, it seems I've been getting more accomplished. I added some more organizational storage which has made finding things much easier. I still have a hard time organizing single sheet patterned paper! It seems I'm always digging for that pattern I "know" I have somewhere. Any ideas??? I'm open to suggestion.

Okay- on to my card. When I create a sympathy card I want it to embody the person/family I've created it for. To me, a sympathy card is the most personal card one could receive. Just know, I haven't always felt this way, but death changed me. When my sister passed away suddenly almost two years ago, it was a very hard and emotional experience. From that point the sympathy card earned my respect and understanding of the great value it holds. This Embossed Butterfly Sympathy Card was made for The Paper Players challenge. Although, I didn't make this card for someone, thank goodness, it has the serene look that I like to create. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to hug the ones you love!

Embossed Butterfly Sympathy Card Supplies:
  • Paper: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Night of Navy, and Very Vanilla card stock by Stampin' Up!, Core'dinations French Roast sandable card stock, patterned paper by The Paper Studio (Vintage Butterfly and Quaterfoil - Navy/Cream).
  • Stamps: Visual Artistry Collection by Tim Holtz, Teeny Tiny Wishes and Secret Garden stamp sets by Stampin' Up!
  • Inks & Coloring: Classic stampin' pads in Crumb Cake and Soft Suede. ColorBox chalk ink in Chestnut Roan by Clearsnap. VersaMark watermark stamp pad. Embossing powders in Lapis Pearlustre by Stampendous! and blue metallic finish by Zing!
  • Other Stuff: Big Shot, Square Lattice embossing folder, Secret Garden Framelits, sanding block, heat tool, Modern Label punch, Word Window punch, and dimensionals all by Stampin' Up! and rhinestone by The Paper Studio.

My card is entered into the following challenges:
  1. The Paper Players: Sympathy
  2. The Sweetest Thing: Sketch
  3. Flutter By Wednesday's: Use Butterflies or Fairies
  4. Artistic Inspirations: Embossing/Anything Goes
  5. Vintage Stamping Challenges: Colours, Blues Browns Beige
 

8 comments:

  1. Love your card, what a gorgeous color palette. So soothing and beautiful. I hope you don't have to send it out for quite some time. Thanks for the lovely comments on my blog!
    Hugs~Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card. I really like all of the elements that you used. Thank you for joining is at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card and colours. I love butterflies . Thanks for sharing at artistic Inspirations hugs trisha x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful ethereal card Andrea.

    Thanks so much sharing with of FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. The stamps you've used are beautiful. Thank you for joining us this week at Flutter By Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anrea I find sympathy cards the hardest to make but you have created such an elegant and beautiful creation.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Vintage Stamping Challenges.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊