Monday, February 18, 2013

Handmade Card with Owls


Good morning! I hope you are feeling crafty today! Created With Love Challenges has a fun theme this week, Things That Fly. It can be anything that can fly from Angels to Zebra Butterflies or anything in between. Our sponsor this week is Delicious Doodles and my card features their Mr + Mrs Owl image. I colored the image with my Copic markers and added a little distress ink over the image to dull the white card stock. The design for this Handmade Card with Owls comes from this weeks deconstructed sketch by Jen Shults. I hope you will play along. Thanks for stopping by!

Handmade Card with Owls Supplies:
  • Paper: Brown card stock by The Paper Company and all patterned paper by My Mind's Eye Lost & Found collection (LF2102, 6x6 paper pad).
  • Stamp: Mr + Mrs Owl digital stamp by Delicious Doodles.
  • Inks & Colouring: Copic markers (E00, E31, E55, E15, E27, E449, YR27, colorless blender) and Tim Holtz antique linen distress ink.
  • Other Stuff: Fiskars upper crest edge punch, brown rhinestones, and stampin' dimensionals.

My card is entered into the following challenges:

11 comments:

  1. Sweet, sweet owls Andrea, they always make such a happy card.

    Thanks so much and sharing and joining my 'Things with Wings' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea. I saw your card on MIM and thought I would pop over for a closer look. I love owls, its a super card. Good luck with the challenge. Wendy xx
    http://wendyhsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great and thanks for joining in with our challenge over at Allsorts this week
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these sweet little owls!! Saw your delightful card at MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card Andrea! That image is super sweet and I love how your matched the borders of diff dp in the background. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this so much!!!!
    Thank you so much for joining us at MIM this week! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM for a chance at our second prize! Good luck and I hope to see you back next time!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cuties stood out for me, just adorable Andrea. Seen them on MIM. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! I love that edge punch. Your card caught my eye on MIM. Thanks, for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOh I seriously adore this card!! Clean & Simple card with just the right amount of emblishments. Border punch and fine coloring make the card pop!

    Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.
    Roxx.T

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, how cute are the little owls - lovely card, Andrea. Thanx for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge.
    Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! Those owls are made for each other - and for your card!

    Thank you for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊