Friday, August 14, 2015

Wicked Inspired Halloween Card

Last week while my niece was visiting she found my Wicked soundtrack cd from the Broadway Musical and of course we listened to the whole thing. Since then I've had several songs from Wicked stuck in my head. I decided to make my niece this Wicked Inspired Halloween Card. Hopefully when she gets it around Halloween she will remember her visit to my house.

To create this card I used the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches. I made a card using the sketch earlier this week but I really loved it and knew it would be perfect for the witch image from the new Haunt Ya Later stamp set by Stampin' Up! (available starting in September). I colored the image to look like Elphaba from Wicked using a combination of Copic markers and stampin' pads with a blender pen. The patterned paper is long retired but it has the words Wicked and Spooky which made it perfect for this card. I added a little bling flourish to the bottom of the card for some sparkle.

I would also like to enter this card in the Any Holiday Challenge at Crafty Gals Corner. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

3 comments:

  1. Your coloring is great! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner! Jeanie, DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spooky - cute card -- the graphic and your artistic ability really makes this card spectacular. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spooktacular card with the cutest little witch :-)
    Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner. I hope to see you again soon. Good luck!
    ♥ Lena - DT
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊