Monday, August 3, 2015

Sweetbriar Rose Card


It's sad when you buy a stamp because you really love it and then it sits unused for over six months. That's the case with the Sweetbriar Rose stamp featured on this card. I really love it but always thought it was too large of an A2 sized card. This week The Paper Players is having a square card challenge and I thought it would be the perfect time to use this neglected Sweetbriar Rose stamp.

To create this Sweetbriar Rose Card I created a 5.25" square card from Whisper White cardstock. A slightly smaller piece of Soft Sky cardstock was cut and then the patterned papers from the Painted Blooms dsp. Then I stamped the image using Memento Black ink onto watercolor paper and then die cut it using a stitched rectangle die by Lil'Inkers. Then I watercolored the image using Aqua Painters and Classic Stampin' Pads in Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Wild Wasabi, Garden Green and Soft Sky. The sentiment stamp is from the Wetlands stamp set and I added a Daffodil Delight bitty butterfly from the Kinda Eclectic stamp set accented with faux pearls by Recollections. It's rare that I use ribbon because I love twine, but I added some Wild Wasabi stitched ribbon for detail. That's pretty much it!

This card is entered into the following challenges:
All supplies by Stampin' Up! unless noted. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you come back soon.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful summery square designed card! Love all the details! Stripes and leaves and stitched rectangle and scallops and colors and... I could go on and on - beautifully executed! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! The layout is perfect for this stamp and the colors are gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Andrea! Yellow is one of my favourite colours and this is the sort of card that couldn't fail to be well received! I love the papers you paired it with and the use of the soft sky blue to bring in some calm tones. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo what a gorgeous stamp and colours, you are not the only one who buys stamps and then doesn't use them for 6 months, i do exactly the same :-)

    Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rather belatedly as I am only just back from holiday, but wanted to say thank you for sharing your lovely work and joining in our floral theme at Penny Black and More this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊