Saturday, August 1, 2015

Butterfly Card with Washi Tape

Do you have supplies in your stash that rarely see the light of day? For me, it's washi tape! I really like the idea of it, but I'm just not that skilled at applying it to my project. In fact, I almost gave up on making this Butterfly Card with Washi Tape until I decided to wrap the tape around to the back of the white panel. This gave it a finished look I could live with. There are a couple of washi tape challenges right now and several with butterflies. I was prompted to make this card by another crafty friend, KT Fit Kitty, you can see her card HERE. Her card was made for the Butterfly Challenge from Mrs. A. to use a Butterfly along with Washi Tape. Sometimes it takes a challenge to push me to use my neglected supplies.

The list of challenges that inspired this card include:
Most of the supplies for this card are by Stampin' Up! with the exception of the corner punch by Fiskars and pink rhinestones by Recollections. The colors include: Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Island Indigo and Night of Navy. The stamp set used is called Butterfly Basics and the washi tape is at least a couple of years old. That's it! Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

12 comments:

  1. This looks amazing, Andrea! So glad you used some of your neglected washi tape! Such pretty colours! I love how you wrapped it around the edges to give it a finished look. Your butterfly is beautiful too! This is such a gorgeous, bright and cheery card! So happy you joined the Butterfly Challenge - and thank you for the shout-out too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So refreshing. love the colours, spring and summer wrapped into one. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafting with Dragonflies, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you find that washi tape procreates in the dark? I was sure I only had a few rolls and then one day I had a big box full! Great idea here for using some of this neglected stash! Love the mix of colours and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you did the butterfly - very pretty. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Suzy Bee's Blooming Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of the washi tape, I don't use it very often either. BUT is is such fun stuff to buy! Looks perfect with the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, Andrea! Your washi tape may not get out to play often but you made it up for it here with this playful creation! The pretty punched corners coordinate with the pattern on the butterfly perfectly--lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me too with the washi! It doesn't seem to hang on well if you trim it to fit, wrapping it around is definitely the way to go. I love the bright colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really like the delicate detailing on the card and the colors are so bright and happy! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do like all the gingham & smocking patterns on this pretty washi. Lovely hot pink pattern for that butterfly too, Liked the mat that supports all these pretties. Great work on the W challenge. Just became your newest follower and glad that I saw your pretty card over at the Butterfly challenge. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never been big on Washi tape, either, and had to buy some just for our QKR challenge. I like the idea of wrapping it over the edges for a finished look. Brilliant! Pretty card all over. Thanks so much for sharing it in our QKR Stampede Washi Tape challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this design, Andrea. I'm new to washi tape, too, and I love how you used it. :-D I'm really glad you completed it and shared it with us at QKR Stampede this week. Good luck.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, Thank you for joining us this week for our Washi Tape Challenge at QKR Stampede. Karal DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊