Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Sketch Challenge at Tuesday Throwdown

Happy Tuesday! I have an exciting announcement... (drum roll, please)... I'm a new design member of team B at Tuesday Throwdown!!! Today is my first challenge to provide inspiration and it's a sketch challenge. Our sponsor this week is MyGrafico and we are featuring the Pretty Mermaid set on our cards. It looks like we all had a lot of fun using the Pretty Mermaid digital set. Click here to see the wonderful inspiration the design team created for the challenge.

To create my card I selected the fish image and some sea grass and sized them to fit my card. Then I fussy-cut and colored the images with my Copic markers. I adhered the images to a panel of Soft Sky cardstock that had been accented with Twinkling H2O's for some subtle shimmer. The main portion of the card was covered with One Fish Two Fish patterned paper by Bella BLVD. I decided to make this a birthday card and used a nice sized Happy Birthday stamp by Hero Arts. It was punched out with a 1 1/4" circle stamp and matted with a slightly larger scalloped circle. The last detail was adding three silver sequins to look like air bubbles. That's it!

We would love for you to play along with our sketch challenge this week. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Andrea. Welcome to the team!
    xxx Asha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! Love it! Welcome to our team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!!! So happy to be on the team with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun birthday card. Love the colors and dp you used. Welcome to Team B. Hugs, Debi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card Andrea!! I like the dark and light papers, give a dimensional look to the very cool ocean scene!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊