Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Squirrel with Sunflower Card

There are many people who feel squirrels are pests but I absolutely adore them! They are charismatic and thoroughly entertaining. It may not surprise you that I feed them in my backyard so they will come visit. The squirrels here in Eastern Oklahoma are brownish red in color and are classified as a Fox Squirrel. They are super cute!

This Squirrel with Sunflower Card was created in anticipation of fall arriving. I know it's still a month away but I can't wait. I used the sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches for the card design. The Sunny Squirrel digital image is by Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps and I colored it with Copic markers. Keeping with the fall theme, I selected patterned papers from Bo Bunny (yellow polka dot) and Stampin' Up! (retired Color Me Autumn dsp). I added some candy dots for detail but decided not to use a sentiment to keep the occasion options open. That's it! Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

My Squirrel with Sunflower Card is entered into the following challenges:

11 comments:

  1. This is really cute! Adorable image!
    I like to watch squirrels play, too.
    Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
    Debbie (TMS DT)
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! Thank you for entering TIOT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure more people are pests than squirrels! Love what you have made, thanks for joining us at TIOT, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Autumn card! The little squirrel is cute and your coloring is awesome!
    Regina*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card! Thanks for playing with us at TioT challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you I believe squirrels to be very cute and I love to watch them. This card has captured the squirrel in a lovely way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am another one who loves squirrels! They are so fun! Chipmunks too! We take nuts to the park and feed them - they are so friendly there! We do not have many around our yard for some reason but I can hear them chittering in the woods along our property. Your card is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet image and great take on the challenge. Thanks for playing with us at TIOT.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  9. A bright, happy card and so nice to see. Thank you for your entry into our anything goes challenge at Love To Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute fall card! Love the warm fall colors and the image is adorable, wonderfully colored! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable! Love the fall colours :)

    Thank you for joining us at LTSCB #60 Anything goes! Best of luck with your entry!
    Tammy - DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊