Monday, December 3, 2012

Red Star Christmas Card


Here is quick afternoon post to share this Red Star Christmas Card I made using the Mojo Monday sketch designed by Carole Burrage. I combined the sketch with the color challenge at CR84FN and went with a Christmas theme. If you're wondering why I didn't make the star a glittery silver? There is a story behind that! The short story is I do want to stay married to my husband, who has threatened to throw away and ban glitter from the house. His position is it gets everywhere and then the cats walk through it and then lick their feet and they could ingest it. I know he is right, but it's really hard to refrain from using glitter. So, I went with a red star. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Red Star Christmas Card Supplies:
  • Paper: Dark red folded card by Recollections, basic grey, very vanilla, and cherry cobbler card stock by Stampin' Up!, Christmas Sheet Music and Red Harlequin patterned papers by The Paper Studio, Rejoice Collection patterned paper by Bo Bunny, and basic grey/neutrals dsp by Stampin' Up!
  • Stamps: Merry Christmas by Stampabilities.
  • Inks & Colouring: Tattered Angels glimmer mist in silver sugar and classic stampin' pad in cherry cobbler.
  • Other Stuff: Decorative edge punch, silver ribbon, Cricut machine, Christmas cartridge (star), grey rhinestones, and stampin' dimensionals.
 

11 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! I could never give up glitter! LOL!! We only have one cat, but last year when I was making a lot of VERY glittery New Year's cards I never saw any on the cat and you never know where he'll be laying next. So, I must not be as messy as I think I am! LOL! Your card is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my... I would be at a loss without my precious glitter.... But I do understand. Our pets, thank goodness, are our family too! Your card is über gorgeous even without the glitter! I love that sentiment and the DSP is beautiful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glitter or no glitter, I think your card is beautiful! My husband often says my face is full of glitter, it does stick to everything, but I'm allowed to play with it since we don't have any 2 or 4-legged kids (and none with fins or wings either). A great choice of papers and design! Thank you for the lovely comment you left on my work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful Christmas card with so many gorgeous details. I can see why you'd like a silver glitter star, but it looks stunning red! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

    PS My hubby has given up on the glitter, but then we don't have pets ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea, PRETTY paper combination! LOVE the glittery red star! GORGEOUS card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowie, is this Every Pretty Pretty! Love your Wonderful sparkly star and Fabulous layout and Super mix of dp's too! So glad you could join us at CR84FN! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely!! As I was reading your story....maybe the glitter could help their digestion....honestly have no idea....don't have cats..don't tell on me!! So glad you "played" with us at CR84FN!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the different dp's on this card! Very pretty! And your red star is perfect!
    Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply beautiful! So elegant! Thanks for joining us at Cr84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊