Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Zinnia Bouquet Card

Last week I was digging through a drawer of stamps and found this Zinnia Bouquet by Taylored Expressions which I had never used. I placed it on my craft desk to make sure it got inked up and not forgotten again. This morning I decided to use it on a card. The image was stamped with Memento black ink, colored with Copic markers and then die cut with the coordinating die. Although I only have orange zinnias in my flowerbed I decided to use a mix of orange, pink and yellow. The Enjoy Your Day sentiment is perfect for several different occasions like: birthday, wedding shower, anniversary or Mother's Day. I'm thinking I might send this card to my aunt for her upcoming birthday. To coordinate with the flowers some patterned paper was added from the Painted Blooms paper pad by Penny Black. The woodgrain background paper is from Stampin' Up! Since butterflies love zinnias, I added a little orange embossed butterfly with three small pearl accents and that's it! Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day.

Challenges entered:

8 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea!
    This is lovely. I'm so grateful that you've chosen to share your wonderful card with us. I enjoy your art and having you play along with us. I look forward to seeing more of your work linked with us soon. Have a blessed week!
    Karen Letchworth
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com - my personal blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card, Andrea! I love the colours you've used for your gorgeous zinnias and that eye-catching background. I love it when I find a stamp which I've almost forgotten I own. It would have been a shame not to use this wonderful stamp by Taylored Expressions again. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the flower colours work so well together would never have thought of using orange and pink, beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very sweet card Andrea. Love your colour scheme and that blue oval really makes those zinnias pop. Thanks for joining in the fun at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delightful and fresh card, thank you for sharing it with us over at the Love To Craft Challenge Blog

    Kathyk
    DT member at LTCCB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Love To Craft! Hope to see you again!
    ~ DT Sherry x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful
    Thanks so much for entering the challenge over on the creative moments Blog and good luck

    Creative moments Blog

    CraftyHugs-Dt member of Creative Moments. My personal blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!Love the colors!Thank you for sharing with us at the Crafty Gals Corner!Hope you join us again soon!
    Hugs
    Kleri DT
    http://craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://kefartworx.co.uk/ (My blog)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊