Saturday, March 25, 2017

Stop and Smell the Coffee Card

If there is a flower that smells like coffee I would want that flower! The smell/aroma of coffee is one of my favorites! I love grinding my own coffee beans, it makes the kitchen smell yummy and makes a good cup of coffee. I still have a drip coffee maker by Bonavita and I really like it. I make a strong pot and then put the leftovers in the refrigerator for iced coffee the next day. Truth be told, I prefer cold brewed or iced coffee. It has to be really cold outside before I drink hot coffee. Okay, I'm sure that's more than you wanted to know about my coffee preferences.

Onto this Stop and Smell the Coffee Card! I was inspired by several rainbow colored coffee cards at the Spring Coffee Lovers Blog Hop and I decided to use an image by Bugaboo Digi Stamps called Coffee Time - Smell The Coffee. This image has been in my stash since 2011 and it's still one of my favorites. I colored the image with Copic markers and then it was die cut using a stitched rectangle die by Lil' Inkers. The plaid patterned paper is by Lawn Fawn and I added some punched grass using a Fiskars punch with Green Apple cardstock from Simon Says Stamp. Some purple twine from The Twinery, the sentiment from the image set and three sequins finished the card. That's it! I thought about adding a butterfly and then forgot until after I took the pictures. So, if you want to envision a little yellow butterfly on the right top corner of the image it just might live there. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

This Stop and Smell the Coffee Card is entered into the following challenges:


21 comments:

  1. Hi, Andrea!
    This is fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing with us all in the Coffee Loving Card Makers Spring Blog Hop. It's so nice to see your wonderful art work. Keep caffeinated, and keep on creating.
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea, your card is just adorable. Love your spring colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable and sweet card, love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the plaids with super sweet cups!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coffee blooms and plaid = yes, please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this sweet & fun image by Bugaboo. I really need to learn how to use digi's. This is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sweet image!!Adorable card!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute, love the Spring colours and interesting info on your coffee ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a fun image! Love all of the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty! Love the coffee cup "flowers" and the patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable Spring coffee card, Andrea. Perfect for the CLBH!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really love that fun Spring-time image with the coffee flowers!! Your colorful papers are so fun with it too! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great fun card! The plaid background is so bright and fun! Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful card. I love all the spring colors on it too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your card. I too am a a coffee lover.
    Hugs,
    Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute card 🙂 OMgosh that bugaboo stamp is super cute and such a creative way to use the stamp too :) I love my coffee too. Thank you for playing along with us at Jo’s Scrap Shack.
    Tina-DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute card. Love the scene and of course love Bugaboo. So glad you shared over at Aud Sentiments

    Billie A
    Aud Sentiments
    Creative with Stamps
    Catch the bug
    Inspiration Destination
    Stampavie and More

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty! Love this and I like my coffee hot in the morning, but I"m a slow coffee drinker so by late morning it's cold...and I don't care... I'll drink it however I can get it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊