Thursday, June 30, 2016

Nurse Bunny Thanks Card

Last October I started having trouble with my gallbladder. It seems I had developed gallstones and occasionally they would get lodged in the bile duct and it was really painful. After trying natural remedies with no success in eliminating the gallstones the choice was surgery. I'm not a fan of surgery but the pain was unbearable, so last week I had an outpatient surgery to remove my gallbladder. My follow-up appointment is today and I'm dropping this Nurse Bunny Thanks Card off at the nurse's desk at the hospital. They may not remember me but I figure the gesture will be appreciated.

To create this card I used the current sketch from Stella Says Sketch #410 at the Catch The Bug Challenge. The image is called Nurse Bunny by Bugaboo Digi Stamps and it was colored with Copic markers. Using a stitched circle die by My Favorite Things the image was die cut and then matted to  a scalloped  circle die cut by Spellbinders. All patterned paper is from the Cedar Lane collection by Pink Paislee. The Thanks sentiment, twine and sequins are all from Stampin' Up! and that sums it up. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

This Nurse Bunny Thanks Card is entered into the following challenges:

8 comments:

  1. This is so adorable - I love the cute nurse bunny! What a sweet gesture, Andrea! I know your handmade card will be appreciated. They are probably overworked and don't feel appreciated so this is a nice way to brighten their day! You are a sweetie! And I hope you are recovering well from your surgery! Speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea: It's a really cute card - I am sure that the nurses will think it's wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenges! - Patti (CYP DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a thoughtful person! The card has a very cute graphic and the colors and papers you selected enhance the card so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable, Andrea. Such a thoughtful gesture for the nurses. Thanks for sharing with Catch the Bug & Speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card and hope you have a speedy recovery! Get well

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love your paper choices.Such a sweet image and gesture.I'm sure they will remember you once you've handed this pretty card over.Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, Andrea, this card is adorable! Love the colors you've chosen here and the papers are perfect! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, this card is adorable and I'm sure the nurses will appreciate it. Prayers for a speedy recovery. Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner.
    ♥ Lena, DT
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊