Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Card for Feline Veterinarian

Last week we had to take our oldest kitty to the vet because she was limping. The vet did x-rays and thankfully nothing was broken, however she has arthritis in her front legs and one joint that has too much space. Unfortunately the joint issue my cause chronic pain. We have altered our house to minimize her jumping opportunities but there is no way to eliminate it completely. She is doing better this week and I bought her a new comfy bed for the floor. Although she has yet to lay on her new bed I'm sure eventually she'll give it a try.

To show our appreciation for our feline veterinarian I made this card using Newton's Sick Day stamp set. Newton's Inky Paws Challenge #32 is to use an arrow. As luck would have it I recently purchased some patterned paper by Pink Paislee that has arrows, yeah! Then I die cut two small arrows and positioned them on either side of the focal area. The layout is from Try Stampin' On Tuesday and it worked well with the image and sentiment. I'm also entering this card into the Show Us Your Pussies Challenge #7. Thank for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

6 comments:

  1. The soothing colors and the sad but cute graphic are so special for your card to the vet. I really like the diamond for the graphic, papers and the arrow accents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a cute card, and so appropriate for a Vet. Thanks for sharing with us on Try Stampin' Vicki DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card for the Vet! I love the arrow paper and the diamond shape you created to put the kitty in. I'm sorry to hear that your kitty is having joint pain. I think our Newton has some of that too. He has a harder time jumping onto things as he's getting older :( Thanks for linking your card up to our Inky Paws Challenge at Newton's Nook Designs.

    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeee - I just love Newtons. This is a wonderful card and such a lovely thought to make it for your Vet. So sorry to hear about your poor kitty's legs !!! One of the horrible parts about growing old eh ? !!
    Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so cute....I hope your kitty is doing better! Your vet will really appreciate this card! Thanks for sharing this with us at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is super cute! Love the colors/patterns and that adorable image! Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' On Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊