Saturday, March 13, 2021

Ninth Blogiversary

Hello crafty friends! Nine years ago today I started this blog and published my first post about Getting Started making handmade cards. My second post was a Floral Thank You Card that I made using basic supplies. Today I thought it would be fun to use the same patterned paper as that first card with some of my newer supplies. Thankfully I didn't have to dig too deep to find the floral paper by Basic Grey from the Green at Heart collection (2010). I paired it with a green gingham and followed a sketch from Try Stampin' On Tuesday for the layout. The butterfly is from the Monarchs stamp set by Newton's Nook and it was colored with Stampin' Blends markers in Flirty Flamingo and Rich Razzleberry. A thank you sentiment from the Petal Palette stamp set was stamped with Rich Razzleberry ink both by Stampin' Up! and everything was adhered flat for easy shipping. That's it! I'm thrilled you stopped by and if you want to share how long you've been making cards feel free to leave me a comment. Enjoy the rest of your day!😊

Challenges entered:

Sketch TSOT 496:

11 comments:

  1. A striking design and colour palette, many thanks for joining in with with our 'A Stamped Image' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn. Have a nice day,.. Succes!!
    DT Anneke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful papers and colours in them and your butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely idea to use the same paper as your first creation. Thank you for joining us this week at Allsorts Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card Andrea, Happy Blogaversary!
    Love how you used some of the same paper. I'm pretty this will be my 9th year for my blog as well. Hope you have a great week.🙂

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, Andrea, love that combo of papers - so bold! And I love your bright butterfly, too - bring on Spring! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a tricky challenge! Great job! Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy blog anniversary Andrea. Love this card and what a great idea to use the same papers as your 1st card x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats!
    Fabulous card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty card. Thanks for joining us at The Unicorn Challenge Blog for our "Feminine" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful card, thanks for sharing with us at the Unicorn Challenge.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊