Thursday, July 6, 2017

What's Up? Cat Chat Card

Hello! When the Tim Holtz Cat Chat stamp set came out I wasn't sure how I felt about the "funky" cats, but they finally won me over. I bought the Sizzix set from Michaels and this card is a slightly modified recreation of the example on the back of the package. The reason I decided to "case" the example was the inked embossed background. I wanted to try my hand at recreating it. I used distress inks in the following colors: Scattered Straw, Cracked Pistachio, Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean with a little Peeled Paint which I quickly decided was a bad idea. The cats were colored with Copic markers and then die cut with the coordinating framelits. The background cardstock is Pear Pizzazz by Stampin' Up! and I used the stamp off method with Pear Pizzazz ink for the small stamped images. Black cardstock was used to frame the entire embossed panel and some black twine for detail, since the cats are playing with yarn it seemed like the perfect addition. Finally the What's Up? sentiment was stamped and I used scissors to cut the banner ends. That's it for this handmade card! Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

This What's Up? Cat Chat Card is entered into the following challenges:

4 comments:

  1. Adorable! Thanks for sharing at Sunny Day Crafting.
    ~Owner/DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous - I adore these cats. Your background looks super and I love the card design :-)
    Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.

    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, love the backgrounds and the cats are such fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card with these cats and beautiful background! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊