Thursday, July 20, 2017

Happy Together Toucans Card


When the mail arrived today I was thrilled to see my Newton's Nook order!!! Last week when they revealed their new July release I couldn't wait to order the Toucan Party stamp set and coordinating dies. So I immediately went into the house and got inky with my new goodies. This Happy Together Toucans Card was made for the following challenges:
The finished size of the card is 5.25" square. I started by using the Newton's Nook Tropical Leaves Stencil and a piece of retired Pistachio Pudding cardstock by Stampin' Up!. The ink colors include both distress inks and Stampin' Up! classic ink pads in several shades of green. Copic markers were used to color the Toucans, leaves and flower and then the images were die cut. I decided to cut a heart into the middle of the stenciled paper and then added a piece of tumbled glass inked cardstock. A piece of Garden Green cardstock was used as a mat and then I stitched around the edges. Then I dug through the scrap bin to find the right piece of woodgrain paper for a little ledge for the toucan image to sit on. The Be Happy Together sentiment was stamped using Memento black ink and three blue sequins were added for sparkle. That's it! Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

For more Toucan inspiration visit the Newton's Nook Toucan Party Stamp Set reveal!

8 comments:

  1. love the image great colouring and fantastic fun card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card! I have this set ordered but it has not arrived yet...can't wait! :) You did an excellent job coloring your toucans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I love how you created a fun tropical leaf background and then a big heart to surround those cute Toucans! Thanks for getting inky with us and linking up to our inky paws challenge! -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! So excited to see those darling toucans inked up! I agree the last NND release was speCATular! Your card is just darling! Thanks for being part of this week's Inky Paws Challenge!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Andrea, I love how you have cut the heart in the paper perfect setting for the 2 toucans x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colours on the toucans, I love the feel of this card. So happy you used your new NND goodies and thanks for playing with us at the Inky Paws Challenges. Hope to see your creations next week too. Hugs, Zsofi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you used all the elements on your card! I Love the die cut element. Thanks your for linking up to the Inky Paw's Challenge.
    Diane no e

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a lovely card! I love the varied colors in the leaves and your little heart opening is the perfect sky setting for these fun toucans!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Inky Paws!
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊