Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Vintage Circus Monkey Card

Hello crafting friends! The last couple of weeks has been crazy around my house, but the holidays are over and normal is somewhere in the near future. Hopefully, I can get back to making several cards each week. This Vintage Circus Monkey Card was created for the new challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz. We would love to see your masculine card with a vintage flair this week. Unfortunately, my stash doesn't include a lot of vintage materials but I do have several vintage playing cards. Last year at a local antique show I purchased several cute single cards to use on my handmade cards. I think they look adorable repurposed this way. Plus, by using a repurposed item I'm going to play along with my friends at The Paper Players this week.  To make the papers look a little more distressed, I crumpled the brown harlequin paper and used Chestnut Roan Chalk Ink around the edges and over the crumpled places. I used Antique Linen distress ink on the Tempting Turquoise polka dots paper, slightly crumpled it and then added Chestnut Roan Chalk Ink to the edges. The sentiment is from TPC Studios and I used my oval and scallop oval punches. I really wanted to add some brads or something else but everything I tried was too modern, so I went with jute twine to add more texture and detail. That's it!

Looking for more vintage inspiration? The design team did a fantastic job this week and really created some fun cards. Click here to visit the Cardz 4 Guyz challenge blog. I hope to see your creation in the gallery! Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

9 comments:

  1. How clever of you to recycle the playing cards as focal points on new cards!
    Wishing you all the best in 2015. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Repurposing a playing card is so clever! And to top it all off, this is such an adorable monkey card! I LOVE it! Thanks for sharing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrea! What a great idea to recycled fun playing cards onto your creation. This little monkey card is adorable and I love the retro colors. Delighted to see you in the gallery this week! Happy new year! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun vintage find! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea, this is just adorable! That little monkey is just too cute! Great idea to use the old vintage cards! I love it! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea to repurpose a playing card

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute image and what a fabulous idea to use playing cards! Wonderful card! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great image, and good to see bright colours on a vintage card too x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute Monkey from the vintage cards -- makes an adorable card! I need this for a friend who loves monkeys!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊