Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Masculine Faux Patina Card

Greetings! I'm back today with another masculine card for Cardz 4 Guyz. This week the challenge is Something Faux/Let's Pretend. I used one of my favorite techniques called Faux Patina. Click here for a tutorial. I used the Argyle embossing folder by Stampin' Up! to create the background. The ink colors used are: Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Mossy Meadow, Pacific Point and Night of Navy. For the embossed patina, I used Champagne embossing powder by Stampendous!. Once the faux patina panel was complete, I matted it with white and then wrapped the turquoise twine. The panel was then adhered to a larger piece of Night of Navy and then adhered to a 4.25" x 5.5" Old Olive card. The sentiment is by Verve Stamps from the Kind Words stamp set. I used Night of Navy ink and then used a 2" circle punch. I matted the circle to a slightly larger Mossy Meadow scallop circle and adhered with dimensionals. That's it! If you've never tried this technique, I encourage you to give it a try. You will be glad you did!

Now, you should definitely check out the inspiration from the rest of the design team at Cardz 4 Guyz. We hope you will join us this week. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

This Masculine Faux Patina Card is entered into The Crazy Challenge for Embossing.


8 comments:

  1. A great faux effect and thanks for the link! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome technique! I checked out the tutorial. I would love to try this myself as I like that you can make it masculine as you've done. Wonderful card, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous effect, I must give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the blending of colors on this card and the embellishments make it special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH! That background! What a perfect texture for a guy card, and those colours are just sumptuous together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your faux patina card, beautiful technique

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a gorgeous panel Andrea - great colours x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊