Thursday, May 25, 2023

Masculine 40th Birthday Card

Hello! Today I'm sharing a card I made to help me through a difficult day. This past Saturday would have been my brother's 40th birthday, but he passed away over 3 years ago. Our birthdays were really close together and growing up we usually had a combined birthday party, so my birthday isn't the same without him. I felt like I needed to do something to recognize his special day, so I made this card. 

Almost all the supplies used on this Masculine 40th Birthday Card are from Stampin' Up!. However, most of them are also very retired. The stamp set is called Number of Years and the patterned paper is from the Cupcakes & Carousels paper stack. The Stitched with Whimsy Die is current and used around the edge of the paper. A few silver glitter punched stars for sparkle and everything was adhered flat. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day.✨

Challenges entered:

4 comments:

  1. I think this is fabulous, Andrea, and so glad you have some happy memories to draw on. He would have loved this! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful card to remember your brother Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrea - that is a wonderful masculine birthday card - I love the huge numbers, what a great focal point! I am sorry to hear that your brother's passing makes for sadder birthdays for you as well. I hope making the card was helpful therapy for you. Thanks for joining in with us at Sweet Stampin' this time, Sarah - DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. an awesome background you've created for our challenge which make your 40s really pop. thank you for playing with us at MMM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊