Thursday, October 3, 2019

Cardinal One Day at a Time Card

Hello! If you've ever lost a loved one then you know it's a One Day at a Time situation. Right after a loss the sympathy cards pour in, but what about the weeks or months after? I like to send a card several weeks later and the One Day at a Time sentiment is one of my favorites to use. For this card I really wanted to use fall colors and a cardinal, so that's what I did. The cardinal is from the Winter Birds stamp set by Newton's Nook which were colored with Copic markers and then die cut with the coordinating dies. The floral and plaid papers are from the Mad 4 Plaid Fall paper pad by Photo Play and the whitewash woodgrain is by Stampin' Up!. Everything was adhered flat for easy shipping and that's it. I'm glad you stopped by and enjoy the rest of your day.

Challenges entered:

6 comments:

  1. Andrea that is such a gorgeous card and perfect for that situation. They say that a cardinal is someone from heaven coming to visit so it's totally appropriate for that reason too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. after my dad died I sent my mum several cards to show we were thinking of her and I think this is a lovely thing to do, love your card Andrea, the colours and image are beautiful but it is the sentiment that means so much

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cardinal and you've colored it beautifully. The idea behind your one-day-at-time card is very sweet, too. Thanks for joining us at PINspirational Challenge. Sandy/DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a thoughtful gesture, Andrea. I think the sentiment is so appropriate and it lets the person know you're thinking about them and that you care. I really like this idea! And your card is GORGEOUS! I love how you coloured the cardinal and your fall papers are beautiful as well. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Autumn colours on your card Andrea. Lovely colouring on your cardinal and use of the DSP. Thanks for joining us this week at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊