Good morning! Are you ready for a challenge this morning? How does ANYTHING BUT A CARD sound? That's the theme this week for the Created With Love Challenge. I've made this Welcome Wall Hanging using the Bundled Owl image from our sponsor Cedar Chest Designs. I have to admit when I started this project I had NO idea what I was making! I didn't have many fancy supplies laying around the house to use so I searched through my Cricut cartridges for inspiration. I found the tree frame on the Cindy Loo cartridge and cut that out. I decided to make a starry snow scene for the bundled owl, but when I was done with it I didn't really know what to do with it. I looked around my house and saw a wall hanging I had up for the holidays and the *stars* went off. So, that's what I made a Welcome Wall Hanging. See, all you have to do is start and the project will eventually come to you.
Welcome Wall Hanging Directions:
- Use comic book board or something sturdy for the main part. The finished size is 8" wide by 7" high. Cover the board with patterned paper, I used night of navy dsp by Stampin' Up!.
- Cut frame image using Cricut machine at 5", Cindy Loo cartridge.
- Create a winter scene by cutting the night of navy card stock slightly smaller than the frame and adding the details you desire. I used the Starry Sky all over the page punch by Martha Stewart. Adhere a glittery card stock to the back of the punched star card stock and then add snow drifts to the front. Accent snow drifts with Stickles and spray the whole scene with ice Radiant Rain shimmering mist by Creative Imaginations. Let dry.
- Print Bundled Owl digi image and color with Copic markers. Fussy cut image and add crystal effects to eyes, let dry.
- Cut Welcome with Cricut machine using the Alphalicious cartridge at 1 1/4". I used white card stock for my shadow letters and the same glitter card stock I used for the stars as the main part of the letter. Adhere letters together using a Xyron create-a-sticker.
- When everything is dry, adhere frame to the winter scene and attach owl image with dimensionals/foam tape. Measure and punch holes and secure your ribbon. Attach frame image using dimensionals/foam tape and then place your Welcome letters centered below frame.
This project is linked to the following challenges: