Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Using Sketches

There are many ways to find inspiration for a card design.  Sometimes I sit down and gather my materials and create as I go.  I may look at a card making magazine and find an idea that spurs my creativity.  If I'm at a complete loss on where to start, using sketches from Paper Crafts Magazines on Pinterest can really help.  The card featured today was created using a sketch from the provided link.  Using sketches allows you to visualize your card with your materials.  I followed this sketch fairly close but you can mix it up and add detail however you want.  That's one thing I love about card making one sketch can have endless possibilities. 

Supplies used:  Pink cardstock, white cardstock, K & Company designer mat pad (Julianne, 30-657113), Hero Arts chalk ink in Iris, TPC Studios clear stamps (Greetings set, ST93416), pink glitter flower, La Mode 3/8" pearl flower button (style 46455), and Recollections adhesive faux pearls.

Directions:
  1. Make card using pink cardstock, 4.25" x 5.5".
  2. Trim and adhere white cardstock.
  3. Trim, ink edges and adhere patterned paper; punch or cut out circle, ink edges and adhere.
  4. Stamp image, ink edges of cardstock strip, layer, and adhere.
  5. Attach faux pearls, sew button onto flower and adhere.

Sketch from http://pinterest.com/papercraftsmag/free-card-sketches/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊