Monday, October 26, 2020

Butterfly Sympathy Card

Hello! Last week a long time friend of my mother passed away and I made this Butterfly Sympathy Card to send to her family. She was a lovely lady and will be greatly missed. 💜

When it comes to making sympathy cards I rarely make them just to keep in my stash. I like making them specifically for the family of the person who passed away. Although doing it this way usually leads to crafting through tears, that's okay with me. For this card I used the retired Watercolor Wings stamp set by Stampin' Up!, a retired flourish die cut and sentiment by Stampin' Up! and the patterned paper is from the Country Lane paper pad by LDRS Creative. The layout is one I've used several times, but I really like it. Everything was adhered flat for easy shipping and that's it. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day.  

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful sympathy card Andrea,your butterfly and papers are gorgeous together,

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness, Andrea, I absolutely LOVE this! What a stunning colour combo and I love how you included the die-cut stem behind the gorgeous butterfly. I am so sorry to read of your mom's friend's passing. I hope this card will bring the family some comfort. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous. Love the bold colors even though it's for a sad occasion it's still a celebration of life well deserved.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊