Thursday, December 5, 2019

Wishing You Joy Card

On Monday night I started making this Wishing You Joy Card to play along in a few challenges. Then Tuesday my life had a heartbreaking change. We knew my younger brother wasn't doing well and his prognosis was terminal but we thought we had another month or more with him. I made the two hour drive to the hospital and was there when my brother took his last breath. Watching him die has been the hardest thing I've ever done! His suffering is over but our journey of grief has just begun. After losing my younger sister in 2011 my hope was to never go through the loss of a sibling again, now at the age of 45 I'm an only child. My heart is broken all over again. If you believe in the power of prayer, feel free to say a prayer for me and my family. 💔

Tonight I finished this Wishing You Joy Card featuring an image from the Festive Fawns stamp set by Newton's Nook. It was colored with a mix of Copic and Stampin' Up! markers. The sentiment is from the Poinsettia Blooms stamp set by Newton's Nook. Two die sets by Newton's Nook were also used, the Land Borders set and the Forest Scene Builder set. The purple snowflake paper is from the Altitude Collection by Bo Bunny. To add a little more detail I used a snowflake edge punch by EK Success with white glitter paper for sparkle. Everything was adhered flat for easy shipping and that's it. As always... I'm glad you stopped by and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

Challenges entered:

9 comments:

  1. Oh, Andrea, I'm sorry to hear of your recent heartbreaking death of your brother. Hugs to all of your family as you grieve. Crafting has been therapeutic for me the past 2 years after a major health crises and apparently you've found it to be helpful too in getting your card finished. I'm sure your cute Christmas card will be a blessing to its recipient. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending condolences and prayers Andrea, to lose both of your siblings is heartbreaking.
    A beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, Andrea, my heart is breaking for you and my eyes welled up with tears as I read this. I will definitely pray for you and your family - you all need strength to get through this. I am so sorry for your loss. Your card is adorable and I'm glad you were able to finish it. It's such a sweet little winter scene. Please know I'm thinking about you and sending prayers your way.

    Hugs,
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending heartfelt condolences your way. {{{{{hugs}}}}}. The card is beautiful. It's good to have a hobby that we love to help us with the grieving process. Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea I am so sorry for your loss! That is so difficult especially around the holidays. I did Oncology Nursing for many years and my husband passed away almost 6 years ago and it's always difficult to lose the ones that we love! Sending you hugs and prayers!!!
    Your card is adorable and maybe you need to keep it for yourself. Know that you have two special angels looking down on you now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Condolences to you for losing your brother. I unexpectedly lost my younger brother in early November. Though it might have been hard to be there for his final breath, I do wish I could have seen my brother alive one last time. I guess no matter what, there is no good way to lose a loved one. Big virtual hugs! As for your card, it is so lovely and brings a smile to my face! Thank you for sharing with us at Inky Paws!
    Again, hugs!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry for your loss. Your card is so lovely. Thanks for joining us at Cardz for Galz

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry to hear your sad news Andrea, sending love and hugs to you and your family x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, so sorry for your loss! I hope that the creation of your lovely card is healing. Thanks for having a snow day with us at Inky Paws! Thanks for having a snow day with us at Inky Paws!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊