Sunday, August 19, 2018

Owl Wish Card

Good day! I hope you've had a lovely weekend. We didn't do much, ran errands, did laundry and went to the grocery store. Nothing too exciting! However... I did find a local store that received a shipment of Crate Paper & Echo Park 6 x 6 paper pads for $2.99 each and that was pretty awesome. Not that I need more paper but it's hard to turn down a good deal.

This afternoon I made this Owl Wish Card using the Owlie Wishes Sentiment Kit from Unity Stamps. The image was colored with Copic markers and die cut with a stitched circle die by My Favorite Things. Two patterned paper circles were die cut using some really old patterned paper by DCWV called Linen Closet. I thought the pattern coordinated well with the little dandelions on the stamped image. To accommodate the larger image size I made the card a little bigger than usual. The finished size of the card is 4.5 x 6.25. That's it! Thanks for stopping by!

Challenges entered:

4 comments:

  1. Oh, what a cute little owl. And your coloring makes him look so soft that I want to pet the cutie! Thanks for joining the challenge at QKR Stampede this week! DT Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the little owl, the sentiment is perfect as children we made wishes when blowing a dandelion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you can never have too much paper, can you?!!! Your owl card is adorable, Andrea! Cute card design with the circles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you on the paper. It's really not-the-done thing to pass up a good paper sale, especially on the 'brand names' So you did the right thing! I expect all of us could start our own paper stores! The little owl is such a 'hoot' in the design too. Beautiful coloring and I love the layout you've done! So cute & bound to bring a smile when the card is received. TFS & Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊