Friday, June 22, 2018

Happy 21st Birthday Card

Hello and happy Friday! This weekend we are having a birthday party for my oldest niece who recently turned 21. I remember the anticipation of turning 21 and then when the day arrived it wasn't a big deal. When I went to the store to make my first purchase the clerk didn't even ask for my ID. I was a little shocked and disappointed at the same time. That was so long ago and hopefully things are different now.

This Happy 21st Birthday Card features my niece's favorite colors: Hot Pink (Melon Mambo and Turquoise (Bermuda Bay). The plaid paper is by Lawn Fawn and unfortunately all the stamps are retired by Stampin' Up!. I was really sad the see the Number of Years stamp set and Large Number framelits retire. They make wonderful milestone cards. The layout is copied from an anniversary card I made last year. When I made the card last year (click here) it took forever to get the placement of the flowers right. It was much easier to duplicate the design! Even though the cards have the same layout the colors and background paper make a big difference. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Challenges entered:

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I'm sure that your niece will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your niece had a wonderful day, love the colours and your layout

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so cute, Andrea! I love how you included the 21 for her special day! Here the age is 19 and I remember being a bit excited about it too but like you said it ended up being no big deal. It was more fun being asked for ID when I was 29 haha! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your colour choices!

    Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, great card design and a lovely colour combo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your story is spot on. You think it is such a big deal then it's really not. Age is just really a number. I love your card and the colors too! The big bold 21 shines center stage! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊