Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Kick Ass Birthday Card

My brother's birthday is this weekend, so I made him this Kick Ass Birthday Card. If you knew my brother you would understand it's also very appropriate. Hopefully he will see the humor! The stamp set is from Unity Stamp Company and it's called Jack {ass} and I used this weeks sketch at Mojo Monday for the layout. Finding the right papers with the right colors was the hardest part. I finally settled on papers from the Snippets collection by Studio Calico (2012). The image was colored with Copic markers using warm gray tones. Then I decided to add the party hat from a Newton's Nook stamp set. The final touch was the addition of four pastel glimmer dot stickers by Sticko and that's it. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day!

This Kick Ass Birthday Card is entered into the following challenges:

13 comments:

  1. love the fun image.the sentiment did make me laugh, a wonderful card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea, what a great image! I love all the layers of Designer Paper. That adds a lot of texture to the background. But the image---that's what has me grinning. Love the way you've coloured that cute donkey. Great job repeating the background colours for the hat. I'm sure your brother with get a "kick" out of this. Thanks so much for joining in with our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Andrea! Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card - I think sometimes we forget about the younger style of masculine cards and this is great inspiration - thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun, cheerful masculine birthday card you've created Andrea. The donkey image and "kick ass" sentiment would be just perfect for my brother too. Made me smile. Lots of great layers and dsp in this card too. Thanks for sharing it at the Watercooler Wednesday Masculine Anything Goes challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!I love all the layers and fun image...I'm sure he will love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha Ha.. this card is so cute and funny sentiment. I love the festive bright paper choices and layout. REally love this card. So glad you shared over at Stampavie and More.

    Billie A
    Stampavie and More
    Catch the bug
    Inspiration Destination
    Creative with Stamps
    Aud Sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally fun card :) Thanks for joining us at Mojo Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG this is so adorable! hat a wonderful masculine card! Thanks for joining us this week on Watercooler Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome design! Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha1 How cute is this! Thanks for joining in at STB.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the fun image and sentiment!
    Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
    Susan
    Addicted to Stamps and More
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Made me laugh! Hope you and he both enjoyed this card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊