Happy Friday! Today I ran errands and met my hubby for lunch. After putting all the groceries away and doing a load of laundry, I finally made it to my craft room. This time of year I'm ready to start making Halloween cards. Most of the stores have their decorations and Halloween merchandise on display, so I thought I would get into the spirit and make a Halloween card. This Glowing Ghost Halloween Card was made for the following challenges:
- Paper Craft Crew: Sketch #208
- 4 Crafty Chicks: Let's Get Sentimental
- DRS Designs: Monsters, Witches & Ghouls, oh my!
The ghost was stamped onto a piece of Smoky Slate cardstock using VersaMark and embossed with Wow! Glow-in-the-Dark embossing powder. When heat embossed it didn't have the normal gloss, so I then heat embossed it with ultra thick embossing enamel by Ranger. Now it's glossy and it still glows. I tried taking a picture in the dark but it didn't turn out that great! It's pretty neat though and I'm sure my niece with be surprised when it glows in her bedroom.
Here is the supply list*:
- Paper: Smoky Slate, Whisper White, Tangerine Tango and Rich Razzleberry cardstock.
- Stamps: Current-You've Got This (background stamp), Timeless Textures, Gorgeous Grunge, Crazy About You. Retired- Fall Fest, Haunt Ya Later and Googly Ghouls.
- Inks: Smoky Slate, Basic Gray, Tangerine Tango and Rich Razzleberry. Basic Black Stampin' Write marker, VersaMark clear and Wow! Glow-in-the-Dark embossing powder.
- Other Stuff: Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel by Ranger, Word Window punch, small oval punch, scissors, sponge daubers and stampin' dimensionals.
*All supplies by Stampin' Up! unless noted.