Friday, March 4, 2016

Serene Sympathy Card

Happy Friday! I look forward to the weekends, since I spent all week by myself. Although by Monday I'm ready for the hubby to go back to work. This weekend we are expecting 70 degree weather here in Oklahoma. I'm hoping we can get a few outdoor chores done.

This week I need several sympathy cards. My Aunt passed away on Tuesday and I have several family members who I'll be sending a card. I made this Serene Sympathy Card for my Aunt's husband.

The design and colors were inspired by a card I found at Taylored Expressions (click here). The cardstock colors I used are by Stampin' Up! and they include: Baja Breeze, Pear Pizzazz, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla. The images were heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I used four stamps on this card: Serene Silhouettes by Stampin' Up!, Agapanthus Cluster by Stampendous!, With Sympathy set by Hero Arts (sentiment) and Bohemian Borders set by Stampin' Up!. The twine started out white but I dyed it using a Soft Suede ink refill. This card is 4.5" x 6". That's it!

Wishing you a lovely weekend and thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. It is a very nice design for a Sympathy card, so difficult to make, but it will bring comfort. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card will be well received and is very soothing. Not an easy card to design and make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely card. Sorry to hear of your Aunts passing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is so nice too, Andrea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊