Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Bear Love Card

Hello! It's Tuesday again and that means it's time for another challenge at Tuesday Throwdown. This week we want to see your paper piecing skills. Our wonderful sponsor is Robyn's Fetish who generously provided the design team with several images to choose from. For this Bear Love Card I used the It's Bearly Love image. I chose this image for the ease of paper piecing the heart. When it comes to paper piecing, I'm not an expert. My scissor skills could definitely be improved. So, keep that in mind, you don't have to be a paper piecing expert to play along. If you've never tried paper piecing then challenge yourself to try something new. You have until mid-day Monday February 8th to link your creation. Click here to check out the design team inspiration and for all the challenge details.

To create this card I used my favorite color, purple, and I wanted the heart to be plaid. It was a little bit of a challenge to match the plaid paper with other purples in my stash. There was a piece of paper that I knew would be perfect, however I couldn't find it. I know I've seen it before but sadly I may have never purchased it. Do you ever do that? Think you have something but you don't, or even buy things twice because you don't remember buying them. The answer to both of these dilemmas for me... is YES!

In the end both patterned papers selected are by Paper Pizzazz. The scalloped oval and center oval are by Avery Elle. To color the bears I used Copic markers. I masked a Love You stamp by The Paper Studio to only use the Love part. To add some detail, I added some Honeydew twine from The Twinery. That's it!

This Bear Love Card is entered into the following challenges:

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

14 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, cute image and the paper piecing looks great. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Such a cute couple! Love the colours and the paper piecing is fab! Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrea, love this card, its so pretty and cute little bears. Lovely choice of colours too. Thank you for sharing with us in our challenge at Ooh La La. Good luck in the draw and hope to see you again. Jennifer DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute card and the colors you selected are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww, this is a super sweet card! I love the soft purple colors! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the beautiful colors and those dies are so pretty!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet, sweet love card with those bears! Thanks for entering with us at Cards in Envy for our Hearts Challenge. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two cute sweet love bears! Adorable card! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet..... a delightful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting From the Heart and hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs, Sandy DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so love paper piecing and I so love your card! A great entry to share with us this time at OohLaLa, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, love the cute little bears

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute. Did you see you were a winner for The Paper Girls challenge???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amber! I had missed the winner post.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊