Sunday, August 24, 2014

Fall Emerging Color Card for The Paper Players


Thanks for stopping by to check out my card for this weeks challenge at The Paper Players. This week we have a sketch challenge hosted by the talented Jaydee. I always enjoy sketch challenges! My inspiration for this challenge comes from my anticipation of Fall arriving. Here in the States we have four more weeks until the official start of Fall and I'm ready!

To create the background for my card I used the Emerging Color Technique and the For All Things stamp set. At the bottom of my post I have provided step-by-step directions and photos on the creation process. It's a lot of fun but it's also a little messy.

The Paper Players design team have created a variety of inspiration for you to choose from this week! You should definitely stop by their blogs and check out their creations! Then we hope you will use the sketch and enter the challenge. All paper crafting brands are welcome. The challenge is open until NOON (PST) on Friday, August 29th. Click here to go to The Paper Players!

Here is the sketch:

Emerging Color Technique Directions:

Step 1: Cut a white piece of cardstock to the desired finished size.

Step 2: Select the ink colors to create your background.

Step 3: Randomly ink cardstock with selected colors.

Step 4: After ink is dry, use embossing buddy and stamp with VersaMark ink.

Step 5: Apply clear embossing powder to the stamped areas, shake off excess and then heat emboss.


Step 6: Using the darkest ink color, apply ink to the entire panel. Use paper towel to remove excess ink off of embossed areas. Repeat process if needed. 

That's it! I matted my image to a slightly larger piece of Pumpkin Pie cardstock and adhered it to a base card of Very Vanilla cardstock. Then I added my sentiment and details. 

There is also a tutorial at Splitcoaststampers and her process varies slightly from mine. Click here to check it out. If you decide to give this technique a try I would love to see what you create, leave me a link in the comments section and I'll drop by to visit your creation. Enjoy the rest of your day!

14 comments:

  1. Andrea, this is gorgeous!!!!! Thank you for the directions/ links to try this technique! I just love it! I love Fall and this card is perfect! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this technique, and it looks spectacular with those leaves! The colors are perfect, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrea, what a wonderful card you've made. I really will have to try your technique because your leaves are absolutely stunning. I love that stamp set anyway, but you've made it even better. How generous of you to share your technique. Thank you so very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That technique is awesome! Your card turned out gorgeous, and perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and such a cool technique, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Andrea! This card is absolutely fabulous! Thanks for sharing the steps to make it! Happy Stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card Andrea! Thanks for sharing the steps for this new to me technique. I love the results. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is gorgeous, Andrea. Coming from the midwest, I really miss fall. That's why I love it in the mountains so much. I will have to try this technique, but maybe in a smaller scale! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is GORGEOUS, Andrea! This technique is perfect for this stamp set--I can't wait to try it! You rocked it this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is amazing Andrea! Thanks for sharing the technique 'how to' - I've never done it but your card makes me want to have a go, those leaves are truly stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh this is so pretty, Andrea! Nance is right, this stamp set works perfectly for this technique! The sentiment and leaves really pop with such a rich background. Love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great technique!!! Thanks for breaking it down so simply!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is stunning, Andrea! I've got to give it a try. And me too I'm ready for fall - bring on the sweaters & say goodbye to mosquitoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. awesome and thank you for providing instructions!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊