Sunday, October 26, 2014

Neutral Toned Christmas Card

Last week was crazy busy for me! So, I'm super happy today is Sunday and I have nothing on the agenda except some much needed crafting time! I do hope you have time this week to join us at The Paper Players for a wonderful sketch challenge hosted by Nance. Sketch challenges are one of my favorites and I really love the sketch Nance designed. A couple of weeks ago I cut the snowflake paper I used for this Neutral Toned Christmas Card but I never could come up with a good design. Thankfully Nance solved my dilemma.

All supplies for this card are by Stampin' Up!. I used Early Espresso and Whisper White cardstock and the patterned paper is from the Trim the Tree paper stack. For the embossed panel, I stamped the Good Greetings sentiment first and then left enough space to add the Espresso paper strip and then embossed the far side. Don't you think the big polka dots look like falling snow? The last step was adding the die cut snowflakes.

This sketch is definitely a keeper! I can't wait to see what you create. To play along at The Paper Players simply create a card using the sketch and link it to the challenge blog HERE. All paper crafting products are welcome but you can only link your creation to a total of three challenges. The deadline to enter is NOON (PST) on Friday, October 31st. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!!!

Here is the sketch:


9 comments:

  1. I love that snowflake,and you are right, this was a fun sketch! I like how you embossed the background,too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Andrea - I love that DSP and the embossed 'snow' goes so well with it. Love that glimmer snowflake embellishment too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the delicate look of this card and the sparkly snow flake. The background paper and the white paper work so well together -- really looks like snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clean and simple and I love it, Andrea! All the elements you chose work so well together, especially with a neutral pallette.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH WOW! See, the paper was just waiting for this card! That embossing totally looks like snowflakes :) I'm glad you got your crafty time - I get cranky when I don't get my fix :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Andrea! This is the perfect embossing folder to use with the snowflake theme. The glimmer snowflake really sets this card off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card - especially the glittery detail of the silver and gold snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrea, I love the neutral color scheme and the glittery snowflake for your element. Such a serene Christmas card. Love it.
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Andrea, this is gorgeous! The neutral palette is so calming! The glittery snowflake makes it pop off the beautifully embossed background! XX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊