Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Enjoy Your Retirement Card


Greetings and Happy Tuesday! This week the challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz is Time to Retire. I can't wait to see how this theme is interpreted. My thought was job retirement. Although, retirement is a long way off for me, here in the United States it's estimated that 10,000 people retire every day. Odds are you know a guy who will be retiring soon. Here is the perfect challenge to make the card so you're ready when the occasion arrives.

For my card I started with a 5.25" square white card base. Then I layered Lost Lagoon cardstock with patterned paper from MME the Springtime collection. The darling Mulberry Wood bear and his puppy image is from Crafter's Companion. I stamped the image using Memento black ink and colored it using Copic markers. The sentiment came with the stamp set. To help balance the layout I added the two small banners. The design is nothing fancy but I really like how it turned out.

We would love for you to join us this week at Cardz 4 Guyz. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

This card is entered into the Crafting From The Heart: Anything Goes challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love your design! Your colouring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the coloring, it's such a fun image, and perfect for the challenge. The colors are so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors and graphic are a great combination for this retirement card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE how you did the background! It gives it such great texture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your card, a agreat choice of background papers. Thanks for your wonderful inspiration at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card, the colouring is brilliant and works so well with the backing papers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊