Sunday, October 19, 2014

Gold Polka Dot Congrats Card

Greetings fellow card enthusiasts! I'm glad you've popped by my card blog. Today is the start of another challenge at The Paper Players. This week Sandy is our hostess and she has is challenging us to make a clean and simple creation using Silver or Gold. I decided to use gold with black accents to create a Congrats Card for one of my cousins who is getting married soon.

To keep my card simple I did very little layering. To add the polka dots, I used sponge daubers and randomly applied VersaMark ink and then heat embossed with gold emboss powder. Then I stamped the Mixed Bunch flower and heat embossed. I added black glimmer tape across the front and secured the flower with a black glimmer brad. The final step was to add the Congrats sentiment from the Hey You stamp set. Pretty easy! Since I used heat embossing on my card, I'm linking it to the Allsorts Embossing Challenge.

We would love for you to join us this week. The design team has created some sparkly fun inspiration to jump start your creativity. To check out their designs click here. To play along you have until NOON (PST) on Friday, October 24th to link up your creation. I hope to see your card in the gallery and enjoy the rest of your day!


13 comments:

  1. I love metallics! Note to self - use them more! Your gold polka dots are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the gold with the black, very stunning combo. The dots were a clever idea..great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab embossing, great card, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, Andrea! I bet all that gold embossing looks so much prettier in real life. The black adds so much elegance. A CAS beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card, Andrea! I love those big gold polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really classy looking card Andrea.

    Thank so much for joining in at Allsorts challenge this week.

    In case you didn’t know, we have some great candy to be won at our sister challenge here

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeously perfect wedding card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I thought you had DSP with the dots on it...I am impressed that you made it yourself! And this is my FAVORITE layout of all time! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE that you made your own gold polka dot embossed paper--how clever. This is clean, elegant and perfect for any special occassion. Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Andrea, I just love that you made your own DSP! I am a huge polka dot fan, so I think your card is perfect! XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute is this, Andrea! I love the gold-embossed polka dots! So unique! I can see this being used for a multitude of occasions just by switching out the sentiment. Clean and awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Andrea, the gold dots and the vellum work beautifully for a congratulations card. I know they will love it. Fabulous card!
    hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm finally catching up on my blog reading and commenting today Andrea, so apologies this is a late one! What a lovely gold CAS card - I thought you'd used the gold polka dot vellum until I read your post - a great idea to make your own! A very classy card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊