Sunday, October 5, 2014

Halloween Ghost Card for The Paper Players

Boo!!! Halloween will be here before we know it and that makes me happy. I love handing out candy to all the little ghosts and goblins. To help get you into that Halloween spirit The Paper Players is having a Halloween theme challenge this week hosted by the lovely Jaydee.

This Halloween Ghost Card was started by searching for a sketch. I started a new job this week and my creative energy is running pretty low. Thankfully I found a sketch at Create with Connie & Mary that complimented what I had in mind. I knew I wanted to use the ghost from the Fun Fall framelit dies and the circle focal point is the perfect size for the ghost. The only stamping on this card is the Teeny Tiny Wishes sentiment. I added the face to the ghost with a black stampin' write marker. The patterned papers are from the Motley Monsters dsp. Once the papers were selected all that was left was to cut, layer and adhere them to the black card base. The final touch was three candy dots by the sentiment and this card was done.

Looking for more Halloween inspiration? Check out the creations from the design team (click here). To play along you have until Friday, October 10th at NOON (PST) to enter your card in the gallery. All paper crafting brands are welcome and we sure hope you will join us. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

18 comments:

  1. Very cute! Love how your paper is cut on the angle! Must try that! Congrats on your new job! Way to go and I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great sketch to use for the challenge this week. I love the patterned papers, and of course the spooky ghost!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new job! I hope you will enjoy your new position! Your Halloween card is so fun! I love the mix of DSP and the Bermuda Bay makes is all pop! XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cute ghost and choice of patterned papers - what a sweet Halloween card! Congratulations on your new job too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute ghost card! I love the angled DSP behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cutie patootie ghost! What a great layout! I love the mix of patterns you used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so fun! Gotta love that friendly little ghost and what a great idea to add the face! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable! Great sketch! I love how much designer paper you used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very ghosty indeed! Great combination of paper patterns. The black circle really helps the main image take center stage. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great use of the sketch, Andrea! Your ghost is perfect and I love how he coordinates with the ghost DSP! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very fun...your ghost is so happy! I, too, love the dramatic black circle with the DSP and ghost...makes it pop! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute Halloween card!! Love that little ghost! And I love him against that black circle! Really makes him pop! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this....I found that sketch a bit daunting, I kept wanting to straighten out the paper, LOL! But for your spooky creation, it's perfect!!! Love all the DSP together, too! That sentiment is perfect down there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute card, Andrea! Love that happy little ghost and the fun mix of patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy new job :) It does take up a LOT of energy to switch your whole routine around - it'll come back :) This is utterly adorable - I love the bouncy font, and the matching ghosties! Me too I love Halloween :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The ghost just makes me smile! Every card is wonderful with it on there and yours is just delightful! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh what a fun card! I love all the papers you used to create the background too, and the accents of black really make everything pop!! Thanks for joining us for the sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Andrea, this is such a fun card. I love how your main focal ghost is echoed in the background with the more muted colors. I also love the layout you used. This card made me smile
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊