Sunday, October 12, 2014

Life Doesn't Have to be Perfect Card


Hello! I hope you're having a lovely weekend. Today is the start of a color challenge at The Paper Players hosted by the amazing Ann. There are a lot of different ways to use the colors. Pumpkins and fall will work well but I decided to go floral. My card is pretty simple with minimal layering. The patterned paper from the All Abloom and Moonlight paper stacks do all the heavy lifting and the flower adds a pop of Tangelo Twist. Using the Bird Builder punch I added the leaves to accent the flower (I almost used a Tangelo Twist bird but decided against it). This sentiment from the Perfect Pennants stamp set is very fitting and pretty much summarizes my life last week. The final touch was adding the gold sequins for a little pizzazz.

Again, the design team has come up with some wonderful inspiration (click here)! We would love for you to join us this week and remember all paper crafting products are welcome. You have until NOON (PST) on Friday, October 17, 2014 to add your card to the gallery. I can't wait to see how you use the colors. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

Here are the colors:

10 comments:

  1. Oh, this SENTIMENT! So, so true. And I love the layout & the perfect scatter of sequins and the awesome layered flower. GORGEOUS!
    (PS - I FINALLY made a card with the Emerging Colours technique you blogged in AUGUST, blogged it today. Woot!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and colours! Great sentiment and I love your papers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Andrea! These patterns look fabulous paired with each other. Of course, the sequins are the perfect accents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your idea of going floral with the colors...it looks beautiful! The sequins give just the right amount of bling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these colors for fall, but I am thrilled that you chose to go in a different direction! Your flower is bright & vivid & GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card! That mix of patterns is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a happy card! The colors seem autumnal but you've made them look summery, Andrea! Great combination of patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the design of this card -- but the sentiment is great!!! Nice Card for someone to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Andrea, I love how you used the colors to create a beautiful card, but stepped out of the box and didn't make a Fall card! So creative! The mix of patterned papers is perfect! XX

    ReplyDelete
  10. So clever of you to use these colors for a beautiful flower card! Great layout and I love the mix of DSP--it really lets the tangelo flower POP! Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊