Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Birthday Card - TMS #598


Hello! Are you ready to play along with another sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches? This weeks sketch is designed by Melissa Craig and we would love for you to give it a try. I ventured away from my creative process this week and did something a little different. Instead of picking patterned paper that I love to start my card, I picked a piece from a paper pad that I truly don't know why I bought. Then I found the gray polka dot border in a package that had been forgotten. I matched the cardstock and decided to use the Happy Birthday die. The final decision was what to do with the postage stamp element, I decided to use a subtle stamp with a coordinating ink color. That's it! This card is definitely different than most of my makes. The design team did a fantastic job! To view their designs and for all the challenge details click HERE. Thanks for stopping by!

Sketch #598:

7 comments:

  1. Your card is just like the sketch. Great work. Love the DP and your 'stamp'.
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the big bold die cut greeting and your choice of colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful birthday card Andrea. I made a card with your sketch from last week, but things just got so crazy I didn't have time to post it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty!!
    And this gives me hope! I have so many pads or leftover sheets that I look at and wonder why I got it, but I see it can be used beautifully! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea Andrea I’m going to have to challenge myself to use some paper that confounds me LOL just came out great I love the colors in your happy birthday die

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card for several reasons. It's very pretty. Colors make it great for either a guy or a gal. And your idea for the postage stamp element was ingenious! Wish I had thought of that!!!
    Hugs, Debi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that paper! I think it looks great and it's a really fun birthday card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊